1. Be careful what you name your child. Kyan means little king and that is what he is! He is more than happy to have us wait on him hand and foot! He wants us to feed him, carry him, and all around pamper him. His middle name means clever, and Man! is he smart! He figures us out right away. It has been hard to stay a step ahead of him!
2. You CANNOT make a baby sleep when they don't want too. We have been fighting this from day 1 and it is sad to say we have made almost no progress, some days I feel as if we have move backwards... (That's why I'm writing this post at 2am!)
3. Enjoy the stage that your child is in. Kyan is now army crawling around my whole house, I miss the days where he would stay in one spot and play with the toys in front of him. Now he is happy to move around, but not so happy when he gets himself stuck in a corner or under the table.
4. No matter how much your child keeps you awake or tests your limits, you love them and you cannot stop kissing and hugging them. Even though Kyan is up, playing right now and I want to be sleeping, I just looked over at him and smiled! (Which is impressive considering the time!)
5. We work together as a great team! Jason and I have entered a new level in our relationship and we have needed each other more than ever before. So far we have been a great team!
6. Children make us better people. We do not watch nearly the amount of TV we used to. We talk and play with our child now. We are eating better, spending less, spending time with family, and really trying to be good role models for our child.
7. There is no sweeter sound than to hear your child call for you and there is nothing better than to hear their laugh or squeel and see the excitement on their face when they see you! Kyan is a true joy to our lives!
A lot has happened since Ky came home! We celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years, His 1st Birthday, and Valentines day... our child probably thinks that life is a big party! That is not so bad! : )
Here is a picture of Kyan at 2:05 Am this morning...How can I not smile and kiss those cheeks?!?
2 comments:
Wow! Four months... it feels like he has always been here, not just four months. It has been so fun to watch him grow and change so much since he arrived. He is such a little sweetie. Good job guys! :)
Fawnda,
He is such a cutie! I see how you would just smile at him even if it's 2 am.
I'm so happy to hear how much fun you're having with Ky!
Post a Comment