Sunday, March 15, 2009

Look what I made!

I have a few baby showers coming up for some girls from church. These are girls that I know but we are not real close. I want to give them a good gift without breaking the bank. So I came up with the idea of making something for them. I made a changing pad, wipes, and diaper travel bag set. Here are some pictures. Not to toot my own horn but I think it turned out pretty good for my first try!

Here is a picture of all the pieces:


The bag is reversible!






The changing pad is reversible!




The wipes container is coordinating!

I spent at total of $12.73 for this gift! I hope that she likes it!


FYI- I am not planning on making this in mass quantities... however my sister-in-law, who is a whiz at sewing, is thinking about selling some of her baby creations (which are much cuter then mine!) I will probably post about it when it is up and running! : )


How do you save money on gifts? Have you made anything cool lately?

7 comments:

brentandsarah said...

that is awesome, Fawnda! Did you come up with the pattern on your own?? I love it!

Unknown said...

AWESOME, Fawnda! I'm so impressed, I LOVE the colors!!!

Jason and Fawnda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
normands said...

Good job Fawnda!! I love them!! You are becoming quite the "susie homemaker"!! proud of you!

Jason and Fawnda said...

Thanks Debbie! That means a lot!

Jason and Fawnda said...

Sarah-
I made the changing pad pattern from one that I already had... and the bad pattern is one that I modified from a purse pattern that I found online... I love the internet.

Jeannine-I picked these colors because the girl's nursery colors are brown and cream. They don't know if it is a girl or a boy so I tried to stay neural.

Jason and Fawnda said...

Opps I meant the BAG pattern not "bad" pattern! : )