Friday, November 28, 2008

Kyan's first Thanksgiving

Ky had his first thanksgiving yesterday! It was very laid back. We went to my parents house at around 2 pm, ate turkey and other yummy sides at 3pm. My mom makes the best thanksgiving meal! I look forward to it for months and this year she did not disappoint! Everything was so good, I am drooling just thinking about it!
While growing up my mom always had a little craft for the kids to work on after the dinner was over. Having a house full of wild kids running around was not my mom's idea of fun, so she tried to plan something constructive for us to do. This became something that we all looked forward to. Each year my mom would find some kind a ornament for us to make/decorate. This year was no different. After dinner we all sat down to paint some wooden ornaments that were also frames. Here are how mine turned out.

I can't wait for Ky to be old enough to participate (more than just watching from the sidelines!)
After the craft, we had some pie and it was time to head out because it was Ky's bedtime.

It is so cool how holidays become more meaningful with a child. I am so looking forward to the whole Christmas season!

1 comment:

Steph said...

How wonderful, Fawnda! I am so glad you are enjoying Ky and being a Mom! There are tears of joy in my eyes for you!

Steph