Friday, November 14, 2008

We survived!

We survived Jason going back to work and me starting my new job as Full Time Mom!

Jason went back to work on Thursday. We were both pretty nervous about this. I was nervous because Jason is usually the one who can get Kyan to fall asleep at night (see earlier post for details) and He was nervous for me and about getting enough sleep to be able to focus at work. Jason was also sad to leave Kyan.

So Wednesday night we went to bed. Ky woke up at 12:30 as usual and I gave him a bottle and he put up a very small fight and murmured off to sleep. He slept until 3:00 and than woke up. I was able to rock him back to sleep but when I put him in he crib he was all ready to play. He was cooing and looking at the bummer. I was able to walk slowly out of the room and he cooed himself to sleep. But he did wake up at about 3:45 and would NOT go back to sleep. He was crying and Jason couldn't sleep. I kept telling him to go down stairs and we will get through it but he really wanted to help. We kept at it until 4:30 and decided to bring him to our bed. Kyan was content to roll back and forth between me and Jason until 5 am and I decided to get up with him.

Jason went off to work and Ky and me had the day to ourselves. he took a few good naps, which means that I got a few good naps! We had some mommy-n-me play time and he had some individual play time (in the sit-n-spin). The day went pretty well. We had one minor melt down when I tried to take a shower and Ky was not asleep like I thought. It was the fastest shower I have ever taken! Other then that it was a good day,I was even able to pick up the house before Jason came home.

Thursday night went pretty well. Ky slept from 8:30 - 1:30, I got him to sleep on me from 1:30 -3:30. He cooed himself back to sleep in his crib until 4:15. I was able to keep him a bay until 5. He was awake but not fussing and I was happy with that. We got up at 5 again this morning. It is funny that I now consider 5 AM a decent wake-up time. I never would have thought this in my former life (BC- Before Children). : ) Ky took good naps again today and we even ventured out to Target today. It was short trip, but he was in wonder of the big store.

Tomorrow is Saturday and Jason is home again! We are both happy about this. Jason has had a rough time being a work while his wife and son are playing/napping at home. If you ask me, I have the better gig right now!

Now that I have survived these two day I can always think "I made it through before, I can make it through today!"

No comments: