Thursday, July 24, 2008

Things I can't wait to hear!

As I talk with my sister, sister-in-laws and friends (who all have kids) on the phone I often times hear their little darlings in the background. Here are some things that I can't wait to hear my my child say:
  • Mama hold me!
  • Mommy watch this!
  • This was the most fun!
  • Thank you mommy, I love you!
  • Let me help- I can carry the yittle (little) one.
  • Look what I made!
  • do you wanna play with me?

We are working on the baby's room now. We are moving furniture around the house and getting more "easy" storage furniture pieces to help organize toys and such, getting the house ready for a little one. We hope that we will not have to wait too much longer. We do not have a new number yet... Jason will not let us call to check until Aug 6th, I want to call now but I am practicing my patience I suppose!

4 comments:

brentandsarah said...

I'm sure Jason will teach your child to say embarrasing things to you just like Brent does with our kids. You'll go from having no kids to two.

tom velner said...

Wow your mom had some blog catch up to do!
Fawny I can't wait for you to hear those sweet things said to you, who have waited so long. Even before your little one can talk- arms reaching out for you will express more than many words can say, and crosses all language barriers.
Each one of our grandkids have their own expressions that are so them, and leave an impression. We (Memaw and Pepaw)find ourselves imitating them or as we say talking their language. Can't wait to get know your sweet little ones special "Yiddle" words and expressions. I'll bet they are saying "Mommy and Daddy I can't wait to meet you! Come Take me Home!"

Childless (for now) said...

I long to hear those words said to me, too. And I long to hear the running of little feet as my kids run to greet me when I get home from work...but that time will come eventually. Sometimes, during this waiting game, I feel like Dory in Finding Nemo-but instead of "Just keep swimming", my (our) song is "Just keep waiting". May your wait be short and filled with peace!

Karly said...

You forgot my personal favorite: "Mommy, come wipe my booty!" That's one to look forward to! I know Jason loved his practice run when you babysat for us!

Love, Sis