Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Raspberries

As some of you know, I grew up in the city of Hopkins, which is known as "The Raspberry Capitol". Since the city used to be a giant raspberry farm before it was developed, they had the raspberry festival every year during the 1st two weeks of July-which is prime raspberry picking time. (Every town in Minnesota has some sort of festival.) So, since I grew up every year going to the raspberry parade, having a sister who was the jr. raspberry queen, and all the other raspberry festivities (including free raspberry sundaes), raspberries have always been one of my favorite fruits. I was so excited that our house had a HUGE raspberry patch when we moved in. Jason has done a great job of managing the raspberry patch which can get a little unruly at times. He built the lattes fence to keep them all in their place and he prunes them back each year as well.


Photobucket

It is now time to pick the raspberries. we always have so many that we freeze them and use them through out the year.


Photobucket

Photobucket

So bring over a bucket to pick some raspberries yourself if you have some extra time, just call first so that I know that you are coming!

1 comment:

StacyandChad said...

Fawnda,
That is so cool! I have to admit that I've never tried a raspberry! I'll have to try one!