Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ode to Daisy

Photobucket


Today was the day that I brought Daisy to the Humane Society to be adopted. It was really tough! Jason made me do it because he did not think that he could go through with it. It was a really hard decision for our family but, as we thought about where we wanted to spend our time, energy, and money it was on our future child and not on the dog. We liked Daisy (I would not go as far to say that I loved her) but, we did not want to risk how she would react to our child taking "her spot". As I was talking to the Humane Society worker I was crying and she was very nice. The facilitywas very clean and nice and the workers seemed to be very caring. I just felt that as I left I was making my dog's biggest fear a reality- leaving her and never coming back. Our hope that is that she will get adopted by a couple or family that will love her and give her the attention that she needs.

Photobucket

Here are some things that we will miss about Daisy:

  • Her waiting at the door wagging her tail when we came home
  • the way she would "sleep bark" while she was taking a nap
  • How she would drop a toy on command
  • How she would shake with both paws
  • How she would make a grunting noise after you said something like she agreed with you
  • How we could trick her into thinking someone was at the door by saying "who's here?"
  • Taking her for walks
  • How she loved to tunnel under your legs
  • The way she would obey me over Jason

Photobucket

Here are some things that we will NOT miss about her:

  • Picking up her poop
  • Cleaning up after she vomited (on purpose)
  • Getting up early to let her out
  • Paying the kennel fees when we went out of town
  • Having her beg for food ALL THE TIME
  • How she ALWAYS wanted to play or be petted
  • Her ruining our furniture by chewing on it
  • Her ruining our rug by scratching at it
  • Having to leave early because we had to let the dog out
  • Having her hair EVERYWHERE even after we vacuum
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Childless (for now) said...

(((((Fawnda)))))

I am so sorry you had to let your furbaby go so you can focus on your future child. I can't even imagine the heartache and pain you went through. I pray that God will bring you the comfort you need during the upcoming days.

Liz