Saturday, October 25, 2008

WE GOT OUR CALL

We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!! We got our call!!

Oh, in case your have not heard, we got our call to travel on Friday Oct. 24th! This is probably the second most important call that we have ever gotten (the first was getting the referral!)

I was teaching my first hour and my phone rang in my classroom. I knew that it was an outside ring (it double rings if it is an outside ring) so I answered it and it was the director of the Korean program! She said "are you ready?" I said "yes!" and she said "go! and call me back!" I was shaking and crying and I had to teach the rest of the day. The next thing that I did was call Jason and tell him. Than I had to call my parents and siblings (except Justin- he lives too far away and I do not have a number for him- but I did send him and e-mail). Jason did the same for his family. During my prep time I call personal to let them know that Friday was my last day and that sub would be starting on Monday. I than called my sub to let her know. I finish the day teaching the best that I could under the circumstances. To be honest, it was not a very educational day for my students, and they were ok with that! :)

We have our plane tickets. We decided to get 3 seats. We wanted to just have 3 seats on the way back but it was less money to get 3 round-trips seats so we will have extra room on the way there as well, which will be nice! We leave Wednesday Oct 29th and come home Wednesday Nov. 5th. We will will arrive in Korea on Thursday evening and meet our son Friday! We are so excited and it is really hard to believe that in less than 1 week we will meet our son!

Please pray for safe and stress-free travels (well, as stress-free as possible with a nine-month old) Please also pray for good bonding with us and our child.

I just have to say it one more time: WE GOT OUR CALL!!!!

6 comments:

Velmer said...

Fawanda, thanks for the email! I don't know why I didn't bother to reply to the email, but I think it was because I wanted to tell Ola first, which is funny because I still haven't told her... sorry, I forgot :(

Anyway, I am so excited for you guys! I will be praying for you and your travels. And I am looking forward to seeing pictures of both Korea and your son.

brentandsarah said...

Did you get your call yet?? JK. We are over the moon happy and excited for you!! We can't wait to see pictures of your trip and more importantly meet your little guy! Praying for an easy, fun, safe time for you guys.

Nicole said...

PRAISE THE LORD! We are so excited for you guys! We'll continue to pray for safe travels and for a smooth adjustment period for baby Norman. Matty can't wait to meet this cousin he's been seeing on the fridge! Love, Nikki

Auntie Jill said...

Jason and Fawnie,
I am....Soo Sooo Soooo!!! Happy for you! Soo Sooo Soooo!!! Happy for you! Did I say how HAPPY I am for you???? My thoughts and prayers have been with you in waiting, and will continue to be so through your journey. Keep us posted, and send pictures as soon as you can! I pray God's blessings, peace and connection on you all. I'm anxious to meet your "Prince" hear his name, and hear all about Mommy and Daddy's journey bringing your family together. Enjoy this exciting, long anticipated moment, reveling in God's goodness and outpouring of joy in your life.
Love,
Your Auntie Jill

Pam said...

Hi - it's Pam from Motley Moms! I just want to say good luck!! You are in for the time of your life. I am so happy for you. I will be praying for you as you travel. It will all be worth it!!

StacyandChad said...

Fawnda,
I'm so excited for you! It's been such a joy to see you through this journey! I'm praying for you both!