Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Stimulating the Economy

You should be happy to know that we are doing our part to save the economy. We have been buying so many things to get ready for our son! In the last month we bought a pack-n-play, crib, glider rocker, safety gates, dresser, diapers, and several other baby items. We also bought things for our house to get ready for his arrival. We got furniture that will be child friendly and have storage for toys. We started a bathroom in the basement, got a new tank-less water heater, and we will be buying plane tickets to Korea in the near future! Jason also found us a new digital camera to buy as well. Not to mention, people are throwing us showers, so we are even encouraging others to buy! Who knew we were so patriotic?

We are feeling the pressure of becoming parents soon. Just yesterday, I bought my first box of diapers. Now the baby can come home! I have diapers, a pack-n-play, a stroller, and safety gates (what else could a person need?!?). I am also starting to think about what it is going to be like to be a parent. I know one can never be fully ready for what is to come and I am starting to wonder what I have gotten myself into. I mean, I am going to come home with a child and I am going to be in charge of it all the time. Am I prepared for this??? [rhetorical question - no need to comment on this] I am so excited to be a mom, and every night I fall asleep dreaming of holding and playing with my son, but I know I have a lot to learn about parenting. I can probably only learn it by being one!

Challenging things have also been happening as we are getting ready. A couple weeks ago, I got strep, followed by an ear infection, which took me out of school for three days. Last week, we found out that Jason and I are not the only ones living in our house. We have some uninvited house guests: mice- and NOT Micky and Minnie! We have declared WAR on the mice, and have several traps and mouse poisons spread throughout the house. We are hoping to kill the little guys before our child comes home, because we will definitely be pulling the traps and poison once he gets here. We did get one so far! Today I slipped on some water on the floor at school and twisted my ankle. It hurts pretty bad and I can not put much weight on it. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow, hopefully it is not broken because that would really stink to have to travel to Korea with a cast!

Our travel window opens one week from today. Please pray for us as we get prepared for our trip and journey into parenthood.

6 comments:

Jason and Fawnda said...

I just wanted to add that today I got sick and ended up trowing up. I guess my mistake was asking "What else could go wrong with me?" Ugh! I am taking it easy and laying down which will be good for my foot and my tummy.
Fawnda

Velmer said...

Yuck... I hope you feel better soon and that your foot is nothing serious.

But I have to say that when I was in US I did all I could to stimulate the economy too!

I am way pumped for you guys. Just think of the great memories you are already making! One day you'll look back and laugh at your stupid foot injury. Much like my injury just before we went to Arizona! :)

Auntie Jill said...

Jason and Fawnie,
Every new and exciting gift of a baby is going to freak the parents out somewhat, and stress you which can make you ripe for getting sick. So it's not surprising what you are going through, just sort of adds to the drama of this awesome long awaited, prayed for and over the top exciting moment in your life! All part of the roller coaster ride of parent life experience! Enjoy the entire ride, all of it prepares you for the next exciting turn!!! God is soooo good! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, thanks for updating us so we can pray more specifically, and feel we are in some ways along with you on your journey! Give that little prince of yours a kiss just from his "GRAND Auntie Jill" for me!
Love you,
Auntie Jill

Karly said...

I feel your pain sista!! At least all this crazy stuff happened to you BEFORE your little guy arrives!

I can't wait for your little guy to arrive, so you can tell me what size clothes he is wearing. Then I can help stimulate the economy too.

Karly said...

Justin is hilarious. I am laughing out loud about that foot injury. That isn't nice is it?

Jason and Fawnda said...

AN UPDATE: I did get my foot checked out... it is NOT broken! Hooray! and I Have a good brace to wear in the mean-time. It is feeling a lot better I can actually walk on it!
Fawnda