My mom and dad came over on Saturday to help make the Korean dishes that I wanted to serve at the party. I had found some recipes online and I was really excited try them out. It was a fun day of cooking and we learned a lot about making Korean food. Not to toot my own horn, but the food turned out sooooo yummy! We made Korean egg rolls, Korean meat balls, Bol-Ku-Kee (Korean barbecued beef) and Korean chicken and cashews. I also made some fried rice to go along with all of the yummy entrees.
The Party started at 1 and went until about 5 pm. We got dressed in our Korean traditional Hanboks:
Pencil- You will be a writer
Thread- You will have a long life
Money- you will be rich
Paint brush- You will be artistic
Rice- You will never want for anything
Thermometer- You will become a Doctor
Knife- You will be a good cook
Computer Mouse- You will be good with technology
Calculator- you will work with numbers
Here Is Ky doing the table ceremony:
For the most part he wanted to touch and play with everything on the table. I want to think that this means that Ky is going to be a well rounded individual.... but if you consider his first 3 things that he played with they were (in order) the computer mouse, the calculator, and the pencil. I know that one of the pictures above shows him with the thermometer so you all thought he was going to be a Doctor but, like I said he played with all of the items at once point.
We then had cake and ice cream:
Ky got lots of wonderful presents, but it was being with family and friends that was the real gift to us. It was so great to have them all celebrate this big event with us!
Happy 1st Birthday Kyan!!!
3 comments:
And a good time was had by all. Happy Birthday Kyan! We love you!
We wish we could have been there! Especially to eat all that yummy food! To bad you can't taste through Skype! Bummer!
These pictures are great! I almost feel like I was there. Except that my tummy is grumbling.
Kyan is ADORABLE!! In his hanbok, in his birthday suit, and even in tears! TOO CUTE!!
Fawnda and Jason--you look great too!
Happy Birthday Kyan!! And Congratulations MOM and DAD!!
Contrary to popular belief, my hanbok is NOT PINK! I prefer to think of it as salmon colored. :)
Jason
Post a Comment