Friday, January 2, 2009

2009

It is 2009! I love the idea of the new year... it is a new start! What a great reminder each year of the new start that God gave us by sending his Son to earth to die for us. I also like the start of the new year and all the hope of what is to come. Hope is such a powerful thing and having faith in Christ gives us such great hope!

2009 is full of wonderful firsts and possibilities for Jason and I. Some firsts that I am looking forward to include:
  • It will be our first FULL year of being parents.
  • It will be Ky's first birthday.
  • It will be the 1st time we will celebrate 28 birthdays just in our immediate family. (Can you say "holy gifts Batman!")
  • It will be the first year that I don't leave the house to go to work (anyone who does not think that staying home taking care of a child is work can stop reading and find another blog now!)
  • Our first time finalizing our adoption
  • Our first time claiming a child as a dependent on our taxes!

Some possibilities for us include:

  • first night that Ky sleeps all night (I am not holding my breath for this one!)
  • first day or night using a babysitter so Jason and I can go on a date!
  • First time that Ky walks
  • First time that Ky speaks English (He does say "eomma" which means mama in Korean, and "mama" which means food in Korean, he also does the baby sign for fan.)

I know that there are going to be a lot of firsts this year with Kyan, and I am looking forward to most of them (I am not looking forward to his first injury or first really bad sickness- but I know that they are coming).

As I sit here and think about 2009, I still can't believe that we have Kyan home and he is here to stay with us! It brings such joy to me to be a mom! Also, I keep chanting "2009 is going to be fine" in my head, I know that it is pretty cheesy but I think that it is true!

Jason and I sit down every year and make goals for ourselves for the coming year. We write them down and put them in a safe place so that we can look at them and see what we have/have not done. I am looking at my goals a little differently this year and I hope to blog about those soon!

I hope that your 2009 is going to be fine! : )

No comments: