We loved our trip to Korea. The best part was of course meeting and getting our son, Ky, but we loved the city of Seoul and the Korean culture. We have decided to try to bring some of that culture home with us. Here are a few things that we are going to try to take on.
Koreans Dress Up
The people we saw in Seoul were very fashion savvy. They dress in suits and dresses, and look fabulous most of the time. We really liked how this looked as we were walking around the city. We liked how everyone looked their best. Anyone who knows me, knows that I have weakness for clothes, so this is not a stretch for me. Sometimes I wonder if I should have been Korean! So, don't be surprised if when we show up to an event Jason and I are dressed up!
Koreans Give Gifts
I LOVE gifts. I love to give them and receive them. When I was reading about this part of the Korean culture, I thought, "now here is something that I can get into!" This is another reason I thought that I should be Korean. Jason and I have been talking about how we want to be more generous and appreciative. Koreans bring gifts to others when they go over to their house, meet them for lunch, or when someone has done something for them. If you go out to eat with someone from Korea, good luck trying to pay for it! With the Christmas season upon us, this is an easy one for now. We hope to keep it up all year.
Koreans are Friendly and Helpful
When we were at the airport looking for our driver, several people asked us if we needed help. One man even called the agency on his cell phone to find out where our driver was. I don't think that this would have happened in America. Seoul is a very safe city, where you can walk around at night and not feel worried! We want to bring this attitude of helpfulness and thinking of others to our house. I want this to be a model to our child(ren).
We also loved how easy it was to get around the city with their subway system, but I am not sure that we can bring that home with us. . .
These are part of Kyan's heritage, we hope that you will embrace them as we have!
On a side note:
We tried to go to our Doctors Appointment yesterday, but on the way there we encountered 4 accidents, which really made traffic a mess. We were 20 minutes late and they made us reschedule (for January 9th! seems a bit late for me- we might try to get him to a pediatrician before that) This was very frustrating for us as we woke up extra early and woke Ky up early (and you never wake a sleeping baby) only to be turned away! I wonder if we were in Korea, if we would have been turned away. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment