I know that there are a lot of Kyan fans out there and that most people check in on this blog to find out about Ky, but this post is about me (Fawnda)
I started volunteering in our church youth group this school year. I LOVED my youth group growing up and it had a huge impact on how I turned out, so I wanted to give back in a way.
When I stated youth group, back when I was a 6th grader, I was part of a large group of girls (8-10 girls) and we were OB-Noxious! and that is putting it nicely! -Ask my sister she will tell you!- Since were so loud and hyper as a group we were dubbed "The 6th grade girls" When we were old enough to move up to the High School group (we were in 9th grade now)all the older kids were like "Not the "6th grade girls"... they are crazy!" We will forever been know as the infamous 6th grade girls, seriously we went down in history that way! secretly I am OK with that. :)
It is only fitting that when I was assigned a group to be the small group leader of, now that I am volunteering, I would get ... The 6th grade girls. It goes to show you that God has a great sense of humor! : )
Needless to say I LOVE it, I look forward to going to Wednesday nights to help out and hang with the "6th grade girls" We have had some new comers, 2 sets of identical twins. So now my group is up to 10 girls (this is sounding all too familiar!) and I love them all only as a true "6th grade girl" can! What is even more amazing is that these new comers families are now coming to church because these girls love it so much! When I saw two of the newer girls (one of the sets of twins) at church on Sunday they gave me a hug and brought me to meet their mom and brother. I feel so honored to be part of God's work.
We will soon return to the regular scheduled Kyan Program. I just had to share!
4 comments:
Ahh. . . the 6th grade girls. That is funny. :-D Glad you are enjoying helping out at youth group.
That sounds like a blast. Are you known as the "6th grade girls Leader?" :) I bet the girls love you just as much.
Kelley
aw, that's cool!
Thanks, Fawnda, for being that small group leader to those girls. I am so excited to read and hear your excitement for them. You are a GREAT adult for them to learn from! You do a great job. They stick around because of YOU! Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment