Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Shower and Travel Orientation

A lot has happened this week so I am updating two things in one post.

First off, my family threw us a baby shower this weekend. The food was awesome (Asian themed) the decorations were beautiful (thanks Jake for the sign)! And my sister surprised me by video taping herself doing a devotion so that she could "come" to the shower too. Of course I cried! We were overwhelmed by everyone's generosity! We got a lot of really nice stuff! Our little guy is going to be styling in all the cute clothes and he is going to have the best stuff to play with, to take a bath with, and to cuddle with! I can't wait to start using it!

We also went to our travel orientation on Tuesday. This was a meeting at the agency for couples who are waiting to travel to Korea to pick up their child. The program director gave us information on what to do when we get the call to travel. What to do when we get to Korea. We found out that a driver will come and get us from the airport (I am so relieved about that!). We also found out what to pack for us and for the baby. Since the meeting is for parents waiting to travel we were in the same boat as everyone in the room. We all had pictures and we were just waiting to go and get our child. It was fun to talk to other families and to see the pictures of their child, and share our experiences with each other. Every time I leave the agency I feel re-energized about our process and feel like we are getting closer to traveling. It could just be a little over a month now!

1 comment:

Steph said...

What a wonderful week, Fawnda! Continued prayers that everything goes smoothly!