Friday, May 18, 2012

Can you hear me now?

Yep- She can!

On both sides of her head!!
Nyah got her soft band BAHA today!
When the audiologist put the hearing aid on Nyah's head her face lit up with delight. She could hear! Then i whispered in her hearing aid "Say 'hi mommy'" very softly. And Nyah said "Hi mommy!" clear as day! It was beautiful! I got tears in my eyes right there at the Dr!


When I took it off for her nap here is our conversation:
Nyah: On on on!  
Me: Do you like it better when it is on?
Nyah: Yes!  On Please!
Me: I will put it on when you wake up from your nap.
Nyah: OK

I can tell that she can tell there is a difference!  It is so cool! 




Not to be outdone by his sister, Kyan spelled his first word (besides his name) today all by himself while were outside with sidewalk chalk. 

Kyan: Mom- H-O-T spells HOT! (said while he was writing each letter)
Me: Yep- WOW!  Great job!

And he was right!  It got to 92 degrees today! HOT! 


1 comment:

Nikki @ Simplystriving said...

Oh, I'm so very happy for my niece and so very proud of my nephew! Yay!!! PTL! I'm so thrilled she can tell the difference enough to want to wear it! what an answer to prayer. thanks for sharing (and the adorable pictures!)
Nikki