Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It’s Surprising!

As many of you know, Jason threw me a surprise party for my birthday this past weekend! It was Asian themed. Apparently, Jason and my good friend Rebecca had been planning this for a while. Looking back there were some clues, but not many and at the time I did not notice them, so I was very surprised!

His cover story was that my in-laws were coming into town to visit our new nephew (born on April 17th). We were cleaning the house to host Jason’s mom and dad. He did A LOT of the cleaning and I helped a little. I had to work a lot this week so he was left to do most of the cleaning.

He got me out of the house to decorate and get the house ready by having Rebecca invite me over to her house for dinner and a craft. Afterward, we were going to sneak back to my house to play the Wii. So, I thought that it was just going to be the two of us playing Wii, but instead I was greeted with a load “SURPRISE!!!” by my friends and family as I entered the house.

The house was decorated with paper lanterns, bamboo sticks, Asian vases, a “Surprise!” sign written in Korean (which actually translated as saying, “It’s Surprising!”), and a lot of people were wearing Asian hats. The food was take-out from Leeann Chin’s (YUMMMY). They had planned activities such as: Origami, fortune writing, and a 20 question “quiz” about yours truly. They handed out party favors that were chopstick pencils, actual chopsticks, and Korean drum ornaments. I think that the biggest surprise was the gift that Jason got for me. He ordered a traditional Korean dress call a Hanbok weeks ago from eBay. It is beautiful, and I wore it for the party.

The party was a lot of fun. I was so touched to see all of my friends and family there to surprise me. Some people had to travel a long way to get there and I really appreciate that!

Thank you to everyone who helped with the party and kept the secret. What a fun night!

Here is a picture of the Hanbok

Photobucket


Here is me next to the sign that says "It's Surprising" in Korean

Photobucket

Here are some pictures of the house decorated

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, NICE job Jason! Looks like it was fun!

Steph said...

What an awesome party, Fawnda! I am so glad you had such a wonderful birthday. Hats of to Jason for making it so special!