Monday, February 25, 2008

Home-study Interview #1

We had our first interview with our Social Worker (SW) today. The whole weekend I was waiting to feel nervous, even today as we were walking up to the agency I thought that I would get some butterflies in my stomach, but I never did. I felt calm and confident the whole time. I could tell that people have been praying for us and that God was working in this situation! Our SW did a fantastic job of making us feel comfortable and relaxed during the whole interview. The SW’s job is to advocate for us during this process so in order to do that she wants as much information about us as possible.

The interview started with us asking the questions that we had for our SW. Then, our SW went through our self study and asked us questions to help her clarify our self-study responses. Most of the questions our SW asked of us were repeats from the self-study, but I am glad that we had completed the self-study so that we had already thought of our answers, instead of coming up with something on the spot. We seemed to really gel with our SW and we feel confident in her ability to work with us, which is a huge relief!!

Our next step is the 2nd interview, which is in our home. It is scheduled for March 6th (which is next week already!) So, I need to stop typing and start cleaning, cleaning, and some more cleaning!!

3 comments:

StacyandChad said...

Fawnda-I'm so excited for you and Jason! Don't sweat the next visit. I'm sure your house will be just fine!!
Can't wait to hear more!!
Stacy

Velmer said...

That's really cool guys I am glad you have a good advocate on your side for this process; it would be terrible to be paired with someone who gives you the wrong vibes... Anyway it seems that things are really moving forward for you y'all. I will continue to pray for you!

Auntie Jill said...

Fawnie and Jason,
I'm so happy to hear of the evidence of God's presense that you are feeling with your calmness. And am very grateful to hear of the positive click with your SW!!!! Relax! Your home is wonderful, and will reflect how wonderful you two are!!!! My prayers will continue to be with you and my fabulous "Grand-Niece or Nephew" that will be here soon!!!
Love,
Auntie Jill