Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fawnda's Poems

I bet you didn't know that Fawnda is a poet. For those of you who are musically inclined, maybe these would make good song lyrics some day.

Here's poem #1:

We are waiting

We are waiting for you
We don’t know where you are

We are waiting for you
We don’t know what you look like

We are waiting for you
We don’t know your name

We are waiting for you
We don’t know what you have been through

We are waiting for you
We love you even though we don’t know you yet

We are waiting for you
You will be such a blessing to us

We are waiting for you
You will bring us so much joy
We are waiting for you



Here's poem #2:

We are wild about you

We are so excited meet you,
There has been so much that we have been through
We will make you part of our home
To get you, far away we will roam

We know that God picked you just for us
In Him we have put our trust
We have learned to wait on the Lord
For us He has so much in store

I can’t wait to hold your hand
And play with you in the sand
I will pick you up when you fall
And come running when you call

I have been dreaming of the day that you will come to stay
It seems like that day is far away
I can’t wait for you to be my child
About you we are totally wild

4 comments:

Jason and Fawnda said...

Wow Fawnda!
These poems are from the heart and will be something precious to share with your child someday.
As grandparents we are waiting also and we are wild about you too!
Little one, you have a big family that are excited for your new little family to part of all of us.
Jason,Fawnda and future awaited little one, you are in our prayers. God be with each of you, as you are on the journey to the day that you're in each others arms.

Jason and Fawnda said...

Just some clarification on the last comment: My parents were looking at our blog under our name so the comment above is really from them :) Fawnda

Auntie Jill said...

Fawnda and Jason,
First I want to say that I read your blog when you first created it, and didn't notice I could comment....after that I didn't check it thinking that the process was slower than it is. Was I ever surprised to read all your other entries! I needed to catch up! I will be checking much more often now! I can't even begin to tell you how happy and excited I am for you Fawnie, and Jason!!!! You made me cry at work here with your poems! You remind me of your Mother, she always wrote beautiful poems. But as your Mother said, yours you can tell yours were so from the heart. Children do that to us, even before we meet them...wrap all around our heart, and then take it with them wherever they go. I will continue to keep you and your baby in my prayers, and I love the way you have detailed your experience so that we really can relate to what you are going through. I'm so excited to meet my new "Grand" Niece or Nephew!!!! You two will be such awesome parents! Try to enjoy your whole journey as I'm sure God will reveal more of his character to you through it all. God is so good! My prayers are also with your parents, knowing now what it is to be a Grandparent and how excited they are about meeting their new Grandbabie! Ooooh I can't wait to hold your little one! I'm sure you can relate! Ha! I love you, and have faith that this will be such a blessed moment in time!
Love,
Auntie Jill

Auntie Bee said...

I just found these. I don't know how I missed them.
They are beautiful and I am all weepy now. lucky for me I'm not at work.
:)